These are strange times. School suspended, stores closed and toilet paper is becoming its own currency. So, as I’ve said before, since my husband had a kidney transplant a few years ago, we have to be extra careful he doesn’t pick up a bug.
And I’m just talking a normal, run of the mill bug, not this crazy super virus we are all facing now. Because of COV19, we are having to self-quarantine to be safe. Which is pretty normal for me because I’m a writer. Writers are known to be recluses. But even I get antsy at times, and I thought you must be too. So, I did some research and came up with a few ideas of things you can do while you’re staying home.
- Read a book (or several). Didn’t you know that would be at the top of my list?
- Start journaling. Yes, it’s something you’ve said you were going to do for years.
- Bake! Try that 4 tiered cake your grandmother used to make, or just experiment.
- Interact with your family. You might be surprised at how much you like them.
- Take an online class. There are lots of great cooking, photography, language classes, etc.
- Learn to knit or crochet. If you already know how, make something for me. J
- Start an online book club.
- Play video games (but limit your time).
- Take a walk, but stay away from others.
- Use Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, or any other means to hold an online party to chat with your friends.
- Clean your house. Why not? What else have you got to do? (This one didn’t work for me. LOL.)
- Do yard work. You’ll feel great when it’s done and it looks great.
- Binge watch a fabulous TV series
- Play cards or games.
- Tackle a project in the house. Yes, it’s finally time to build that new book shelf!
- Write that book you’ve always want to write.
Well, that’s about all I could think of for now, but I’d welcome any suggestions you want to add. What are you doing to pass the time while social distancing?