Sharla Lovelace is the bestselling, award-winning author of sexy small-town love stories. She is the author of five stand-alone novels including the bestselling Don’t Let Go, the exciting Heart of the Storm series, and the fun and sexy Charmed in Texas series.
Sharla sat down with me and answered a few questions.
- You write “quirky love stories with dysfunctional families, love problems and snarky humor.” It sounds like we were twins separated at birth! Where did you get your snarky humor?
– I’d like to say I was born with it, but to be completely honest I think it came from my daughter, who WAS born with it! I think all the years of her mouth rubbed off on me!
- You’re from Texas and write about a little town called Charmed, TX in your Charmed in Texas series. Is it modeled after a particular town? Did you grow up in a town like Charmed?
– No, it’s completely fictional, and while I am from a small town, it’s nothing like Charmed. LOL. Charmed is an idealized version of how I’d love small town life to be, even with the nosy townspeople. 😉
- Your latest book, Charmed at First Sight, released last month. Where did your
idea for the jilted bride and the biker come from? Do you have a soft spot for bad boy biker types?
– I have a soft spot for bad boy ANY type! 🙂 I adore a bad boy with a vulnerability (family, woman, dog, whatever). Think Damon and his soft spot for his brother that he hates and yet will die to protect. Also, damage…oh my gosh, damage is just super delicious. Oh, and the jilted bride story…I have no idea where that came from, I was just trying to bring some new blood into Charmed, and had to think of an interesting way, and Micah showed up in all her jaded glory. lol.
- If your characters Leo and Micah had a day to hang out, what would they do, where would they go (and staying in bed together isn’t an option)?
– Of course you’d take my go-to answer away. 🙂 Um….they’d go for a motorcycle ride, I think. Bring food. Have a picnic in some remote location and then have wild sex in the fresh air. (Hey, you said no “bed”, not no “sex”)
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
– We are major TV watchers in my house, and I’m addicted to my DVR. When I’m not writing, my hubby and I are all up in our shows. On the weekends, we get in our souped up golf cart and go riding around seeing what trouble we can get into. 🙂
- What’s next for you? When is your next release?
– I’m part of a four author sexy anthology called RECKLESS that releases Nov 8th, and I’m super stoked about that. 🙂 After that, the 5th and final Charmed book, A CHARM LIKE YOU, comes out on Christmas Day! I have other projects I’m pondering for next year, and in the meantime I am back with my Chase family of storm chasers, writing Hannah’s book (#3). That girl is a hot mess. 🙂
Thanks for the interview!!!
Charmed at First Sight
Never one to do things by the book, Micah Roman couldn’t just chalk it up to bridal jitters, or even quietly call off her wedding to her long-time fiancé. No, she has to high-tail it out of the church sporting a dress that cost more than her car, and jump on the back of a smoking-hot stranger’s motorcycle. Her knight in all-black is headed to a town called Charmed, so that’s where she’ll go and try to lay low. Except their appearance raises plenty of eyebrows . . . and a sudden, intense attraction she has no business exploring.
Who knew picking up a damsel in distress would lead to lust at first sight? Leo McKane headed to Charmed prepared to deal with some family secrets–including his status as long-lost brother. This runaway bride is an unexpected distraction his set agenda and loner lifestyle doesn’t include. She’s everywhere he turns, getting under his skin with her quirky, headstrong ways and eyes he can’t forget. But when Micah’s jilted ex comes looking for her and opens up his shady past, Leo knows he has a choice to make.
They both do.
Run to safer ground again? Or take a leap that their untrusting hearts are wary to take.
I’ll giveaway an ecopy of Charmed at First Sight to one person who leaves a comment below. (Sorry this giveaway is limited to U.S. residents only.)